Picking my favourite food

I am not finding for fault or anything. I have received really a lot of comments from the worship experience post. No offense to anyone really. I am just letting my point of view run a lil.

Today an adult worship led. I am not saying there is nothing to learn from them. Being a worship leader I have learned a lot since I first step up for main sanctuary. I was naive and young and do everything I always been doing things that I am familiar.

Then I learned a trick to kick in the right gear and people would start singing. All you got to do is sing their song. It is nothing wrong. But whatever happen to bringing a new tunes to God? Sure we can all keep our EMO keys songs (Songs with minor are good to bring eerie / bone chilling effect) (songs like Take me past the outer courts)

Worship to me is not just getting people to sing, It is the whole experience. I know of a lot of songs that can get people to sing right away. I always say "When in doubt, sing How Great is our God" that's true. No matter how quiet the crowd is or how 'potong' your song list is, Just start singing How Great is our God. All around the church you'll see hand raised. Many still uncertain but majority are risen hands.

That speak of something don't they? This might sound a little harsh, but don't take it personally. Like children always get scolded "Why are you so picky about food. Must eat everything"; isn't it the same way everyone is reacting towards songs? I sing only Hillsong.

Nonetheless. I saw the same effect today. I won't speak much about it. But today we introduce some 2 new songs with a totally out of the world tunes. Maybe it is hard to catch it since it is the 1st time. But we'll see.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hei, ur a great worship leader who really worship from your heart ;)

jia you!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... does God need new songs? Or is it us who want that? Freshness is important I know, but isn't it a danger thinking only new songs are fresh? At times too many 'earthly words' not enough ' heavenly languages'...

(even there... are we still baby-talking in heaven language, or has our tongues developed?) ie. babies learn to talk by babbling... then they develop words... then sentences. Same can be true about spiritual language.

RM0.02 opinion.

Anonymous said...

sometimes its not just about the church not sing fresh songs. but all they want is to sing thier songs. either old or new. i personally think that is unhealthy.

agree on the spiritual language comment.

-flemming-

Anonymous said...

GG:

Psalm 144:9
"I will sing a new song to You, O God; Upon a harp of ten strings I will sing praises to You"

Revelation 14:3
"And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one could learn the song except the one hundred and forty-four thousand who had been purchased from the earth."

Just something to ponder upon...