KAME... HAME.... hahahahahahahahahaha


Can't believe I spend Rm7 to watch Dragonball instead of eating Mcdonald's lunch promo. I am not a hardcore fan but it is still something I grew up with so.

On a lighter note, this is not such a bad movie if watched without refering it to the movie. But they had too many cheezy lines. It so lame that I can't stand. Especially all the one liners. It is like I say one line, you reply one line and it is so wow its a big thing kind line.

Goku: I'm not ready for this.
Master Roshi: You are the only one who can do it.

Goku: We have to find the Dragon balls before the eclipse.

Roshi: The last level of Ki is the Kame..... hame... ha
Goku: Yeah. I've heard about it. My grandpa said I wasn't ready to learn
Roshi: Yeah you're not ready but we don't have much time.

I mean seriously the whole movie was like that. Just one lines of less than 15 words. And it is all so lame.

secondly this is the time where I wish I wasn't Chinese. In particular a Malaysian Chinese. All the names they used were like direct translation. Nevermind the direct translation but at least pronounce it like it is suppose to not like with English slang.

Words like...
'shixinzhu' (4 star ball)
'toi shan' (Tai Shan)
'Yam Cha' (some guy's name)
'Picolo' (This kept reminding me of the restaurant Piccolo Mondo)
'Ki' Yes that's qi in Chinese but they pronounce it KEY
'Long Shen' (Dragon God)
'Ma fo po'


I can go on and on and on but I got better things to do. Oh yes I don't know why they just can't name it just "DRAGONBALL" but have to name it Dragonball Evolution. Like seriously the term evolution is just so last century at least name it in your sequel or something. Oh wait... Then it will be name DRAGONBALL REVOLUTION. -_-" Let's see how many Hollywood movies have name their show with "Evolution"

"Underworld Evolution" (2006)
"X-Men: Evolution" (2000)
"The Evolution of 'Resident Evil': Bridge to Extinction" (2007)

I think Hollywood should stop taking Asian creation and make it into a movie. Stick to your own super hero movie. This is the same actor who acted in Forbidden Kingdom and that was as bad as well. Imagine this... JET LI is Spiderman or Jackie Chan is Superman. It is just wrong isn't it?

The creator of Watchmen is right.
“The main reason why comics can’t work as films is largely because everybody who is ultimately in control of the film industry is an accountant, these people may be able to add up and balance the books, but in every other area they are stupid and incompetent and don’t have any talent.” - Alan Moore


I couldn't agree more.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thot Yam Cha is "drinking tea"?

frachely said...

it's SI XING zhu la.

and KI is qi in jap, maybe that's why? Dragonball's from japan afterall. if they have to pronounce in chinese, then mar have to call goku WUKONG instead -.-

I heard the producers said that the movie is not really about dragonball the comic, more like take some "essence" from there and make a "somewhat" new story hehehe

Unknown said...

O, movie like this will not be enjoyed by Guai Lou (westerners). Chinese words are at least similar with Japanese in some sense.

:: J o h n :: said...

Quite different as movies like this are made by guai lo for guai lo. But this movie is made for the sake of earning money dosen't matter old or new story there is just no purpose of the existence of this movie. HAHA