Crossing Over

I am reading Deuteromony and based this journal on it

Even as I read it, I felt so much like I am right there in that scene, when things are all set to cross over to canaanland. Where Jordan is what holds between Canaan and the Wilderness. But Moses was right up on the hill preaching his last sermon, before the people cross over Jordan.

Do no forget God. Your God, The ONE who brought you out of Egypt and into the promise land, the ONE that part the red sea and drown the egyptians, the ONE that sends the pillar of clouds by day and fire by night... the God that feeds you with manna, the God that deliver enermies into your hands... And the list goes on with what God does, there are countless things God done for the Isrealites in that wilderness.

And God is going to bring you into the promise land where he promise to bring Isreal there. A land flowing with milk and honey... but do not think that I am good so I deserved it.. but remember the God who gave this to you.. And do not look and worship foreign god, do not be greedy for more. For sure God is asking you to cross over Jordan and into the promise land.

And right here, as I am trying to finish my portfolio and trying to look for Job a designing job fulltime, This passage come to serve as a reminder to scream at me, telling me things that I should hold on to, the Principle that WE SHOULD NEVER FORGET GOD. How he has led us and protect us and bless us thus far. That's the 1st and the most important principle.

2nd thing that I leard is that GOD HAS PROMISE THE PROMISE LAND Sure, maybe God did not really promise to me what Job have I got to take up and where I would go, but God is interested in His people, and he will give what is best for His people, the land flowing with milk and honey. and I know my future will secure with God's blessing over me.

3rd thing I learned, DO NOT LOSE FOCUS WHILE WE ARE ENJOYING Yes the promise land is full of milk and honey, but we should never lose focus on God, we should never be greedy even. This reminds me about money and position that we should never never be too greedy, working late nights, compromise our faith for money, never try somethign that we do not know of.

I am sure I learn more than 3 things, well that can be my sermon although it is kinda short and may not be relevant to most, but these are the principle that I learn from.

No comments: